ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Seamlessly recombining precomps into final master comp...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudolph WhilesSeamlessly recombining precomps into final master comp...
by on Jul 22, 2012 at 5:32:35 pm

I apologize if my question seems dumb or has an obvious answer (I feel it should have an easy and obvious answer), I have spent hours reading through forum threads, tutorials and more looking for this answer with no result.

I am converting an existing music video from 2D to 3D inside of after effects and I have the video broken down into scenes which I have then turned into precomps while I was converting them from 2D to 3D.

Now I am completely finished and I am ready to render but I have absolutely no idea how to add my precomps to my master comp timeline and recombine them seamlessly. Is there a way that I can re-combine my pre-comps in the order they are supposed to be?

For example I have 63 scenes, all are precomps made when I was converting from 2D to 3D, how can I recombine these precomps, in order, seamlessly so that I may then render them to a single video file...?

Thank you in advance for any and all help...

Return to posts index

Rudolph WhilesSolution
by on Jul 22, 2012 at 7:58:05 pm

Ok, well I managed to figure this out for myself. For anyone else who may be having a similar problem or similar question, drag your scene precomps back into your master comp if they aren't already in the master comp.

Now place them in order from your first scene to your last scene and in the time line shift-click and drag each scene to the end of the scene before it and AE will auto-snap the precomp/layer (works on layers as well) to the end of the previous precomp/layer in the timeline and will do so seamlessly without affecting audio, video etc...

Hope this manages to help someone.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Solution
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 7:06:56 pm

Thanks for answering back with what you got to work.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Solution
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 3:05:32 pm

Another option, with a bit less manual labor (if dragging a mouse around can be called such): the sequence layers keyframe assistant [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Rudolph WhilesRe: Solution
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:54:05 pm

Looks promising, I will give this a try when I finish the music video I am currently converting to 3D and I will post back how it worked, thanks!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved