ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating motion paths once the length is defined

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben le tourneauAnimating motion paths once the length is defined
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:09:51 pm

Hello guys

After pulling my hair out can someone put me out of my misery please.
I have trapcode particular emitting using a motion path over a period of time. (works a charm) The issue is that I want to keyframe some manual path movement so the particles move up and down the path throughout the 30second animation. Once the particles start emitting it takes 3 seconds for them to complete the path then for the rest of the animation they move and follow along the path fantastically well however I would like to keyframe the stream to move up and down. in the middle of the path from around 8 seconds onwards in the animation. Is this at all possible?

Thanks I have uploaded a screen grab for reference.

screenshot2012-07-20at15.30.17.png

Ben

Ben Le Tourneau

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Animating motion paths once the length is defined
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 6:29:52 pm

You might have some luck doing this by animating whatever Particular calls a gravity property.
Positive gravity: particles go down. Negative gravity: particles go up.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Animating motion paths once the length is defined
by on Jul 21, 2012 at 4:31:27 pm

I'm not totally sure I understand what you're trying to do but if you are trying to just move a section of the particles and not affect the others then you might try pre-comping the particles and using the puppet tool to animate the movement.

Return to posts index

ben le tourneauRe: Animating motion paths once the length is defined
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 12:47:20 pm

Thanks Guys

This sadly doesn't work for me as this distorts the sprite when I try to warp the particle flow, also the gravity effects only the global flow/stream and sadly not a local part. The closes I have manged to get is using the spherical field but this isn't great.

Thanks for you help guys I have actually decided to give up as I don't think it can be done.

Ben Le Tourneau

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]