ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 issue: exporting with thin black border

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Pancer
After Effects CS5 issue: exporting with thin black border
on Jul 18, 2012 at 3:09:47 pm

Hello!
I'm having an export issue which I believe is with AE CS5 exporting. When I upload to Vimeo, the project appears with a thin black border around the outline. The composition is set to 720p30 square pixels, and while working on the project it's fine. When I export the project (I've tried .mov and H264, it appears to come out fine as well. I can play the file in quicktime with no thin black border appearing, or just with the Mac preview.
When I upload it to Vimeo, it appears with the black border. I brought the file into media encoder, and the input window shows the black border.
It's very strange to me that some programs show it, and some don't....!
Any advice would be much appreciated,
Thank you,

Matt

Here are some screen shots of what I mean:

no border on project

Comp settings

border in Media Encoder

no border....exactly the same file in Quicktime

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects CS5 issue: exporting with thin black border
on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:50:24 pm

I can't explain the border issue but I do see something else: a frame rate mismatch.

The video clip highlighted in the project window is 59.94, but the comp's frame rate is 30 fps. It's no problem for AE to do 720p 30 with that footage, but the comp's frame rate should actually be half of 59.94, which is 29.97.

I can't tell how your work got out of AE. Did you render out a ProRes 422 file using AE's Render Queue or did you actually export the file from AE, which isn't recommended?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt Pancer
Re: After Effects CS5 issue: exporting with thin black border
on Jul 23, 2012 at 3:48:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave!

That 59.94 frame rate is just from a video clip that I had in the 720p timeline, so I don't think it should affect the final outcome of the file. I exported the sequence with the same settings as shown in the image with the render queue.
cheers,

Matt

http://www.youtube.com/raskitchen
http://www.masadamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]