ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects CS4 fails to render audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samya ChattopadhyayAfter effects CS4 fails to render audio
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 8:23:01 am

I have two audio tracks in my project timeline. I tried to render out but failed.
I cheked the audio output setting in the render the output module setting.

Following is the snapshot

I am in a puzzle. Is it a problem with AE or the process I am following.

Anyone...pls help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After effects CS4 fails to render audio
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 3:10:22 pm

I see an mp3 file in your project window. It's probably the cause of your problems.

After Effects has never, ever worked well with compressed audio such as mp3. Convert the file to aiff or wav and Your audio render problem will very likely go away.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gary NodenRe: After effects CS4 fails to render audio
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 8:30:58 am

I'm having a similar issue, but mine is with a WAV, not an MP3. It's just stopped working, not just in one aep but also in other aeps which previously did export wavs.

I'm using 5.5 in a locked studio environment with no access to updating our version. Saying that, we can't understand why WAVs are not exportable all of a sudden from one machine.

Thanks for any response

Return to posts index

birendra singhRe: After effects CS4 fails to render audio
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 5:03:24 am

i have issue with render audia,
issue is that after finished render then i am getting saparate saparate out put file of audio and video,
please help

regards ,
birendra singh

Return to posts index

James PoulakosRe: After effects CS4 fails to render audio
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 5:02:36 pm

This happened to me with CS6 today, and Dave's tip fixed the prob for me.

I had tried rendering to different formats, & I also tried restarting AE, too. The resulting video files seemed to have audio (and in Quicktime, the little audio meters were even jumping), but I turned up the volume all the way. I still heard no sound.

Once I found this tip, I converted my voice track from MP3 (which I had originally exported straight from GarageBand) to AIFF (again using GarageBand). Then I re-rendered in After Effects CS6.

Now, when I export to the format of my choice, audio is there.

Thanks to Dave! Since there was no error message, and it was supposed to work, I'd never have known what wasn't working unless I found a tip like Dave's, and a forum like this one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved