ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Syncing animations inside composition to audio in parent composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neena Daniw de LeonSyncing animations inside composition to audio in parent composition
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 5:05:06 am

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I want to know a good approach of synchronising animations inside a pre-composition to an audio track located in the parent comp.

Background
I have previously created a motion graphics presentation with major sections placed into several comps. After recording a voice over track (which we should have done first, but due to circumstances was unable to do so), I want to adjust the animations to better match the audio. The audio track is for the entire 1:45 of the planned duration of the video. In the screenshot below of my Main comp you will see the audio track and comps. I created Markers by pressing '*' during audio preview.

Problem
However now that I want to adjust the animations inside the child composition, e.g. Intro, I realized that I cannot do an audio preview because the audio track is in the parent comp and there is no easy way to transfer the markers to the child comps. I have several approaches in mind, but I was hoping for a best practice for this situation.

1. 'Explode' the compositions into the parent comp
2. Cut up the audio and bring the tracks into the child compositions, then just do the markers again
3. Find a script to synchronise the markers

What would you do or what would you have done?

Thanks a lot,
Neena

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Syncing animations inside composition to audio in parent composition
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 6:55:29 pm

Try this script for converting composition markers to layer markers:

http://f1.creativecow.net/file/4413/4413_comptolayermarkers.jsx.zip

Then cut up the audio layer and nest it into your other compositions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]