ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Layers out of sync in render but not viewport

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike ThrockLayers out of sync in render but not viewport
by on Jul 15, 2012 at 9:02:23 pm

I've imported a bunch of passes from C4D and done some compositing. Everything is fine in the viewport and RAM previews. However when I render, my shadow pass is out of sync by one frame. I've gone through and made sure all footage and comps are at the same frame rate. It's weird because the viewport is correct it's only when I render. Check out the screen shots and see if you can help me out.

EDIT: It's get's stranger. When I "Export" instead of using the render queue, fixed.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Layers out of sync in render but not viewport
by on Jul 15, 2012 at 10:54:09 pm

Are all of your elements rendered footage from Cinema 4D? If that's the case then it may have something to do with the footage interpretation. If you're working in a 29.97fps composition, for example, I'd make sure that all of your footage items are interpreted at 29.97fps.

Other things that can appear to offset images include motion blur (which would only apply to layers that move and have their motion blur switch enabled) or time remapping. If you're using either of those I'd check it.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Mike ThrockRe: Layers out of sync in render but not viewport
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:36:47 am

All items are being interpreted the same (23.98) and all comps are at 23.98. Not a motion blur issue, I'm haven't added any yet.

I've got a few of these, where the layers are lined up interframe of each other. As you know, C4D won't do 23.98 only 24, 30, and so on. My problem may be an issue of creating a comp based on 30fps and then changing the comp settings and interpretation of the clips after the fact ( nd after some animation has already been done).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved