ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Custom Easy Ease?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darryl TorkeCustom Easy Ease?
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 6:01:19 pm

I quite like the effect of easing keyframes, however the curve I like to do is not the same as the 'easy ease' setting, mine is a bit stronger. Is there anyway to customize the ease settings for easy ease? Even if this requires editing a file deep in after effects?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Custom Easy Ease?
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 8:51:17 pm

Doesn't require editing deep in AE, there are 2 easy ways to adjust the ease. Right click the keyframe in question and select keyframe velocity. The other way would be use the graph editor. Click the last icon above your switches that looks like a sin wave, click the parameter that you would like to adjust and physically sdjust the handles of the ease.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin ReinerRe: Custom Easy Ease?
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 8:55:59 pm

Select the keyframe, right click and choose "keyframe velocity". Or, for a more visual method, use the graph editor. Here's a link for more info.

After Effects Graph Editor

Good Luck,

Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Memory
Dual-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Dell Display (23" flat panel)
ATI Radeon HD 5770
AJA Kona LSi SD/HD capture card
Rourke 16 TB
Flanders 2460

Mac OS X 10.6.5
After Effects CS5
Boris Continuum
Sapphire Plug Ins
All Trapcode Plugs
Zaxwerks Invig

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Custom Easy Ease?
by on Jul 15, 2012 at 6:17:43 pm

There's also Ease and Wizz [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: Custom Easy Ease?
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 6:51:11 pm

I hate using the graph editor, so I'm in the habit of quickly hitting CMD-SHIFT-K (mac) to adjust the keyframe velocity. I often change the "influence" from it's default 33.3% to 60% for a snappier move.

Now, if ANYONE can tell me how I can adjust the default to already be 60%, I will be forever grateful. I've combed that 6.0 pref file, and haven't found anything related*.

*but I was able to get rid of that nasty default yellow mask color and change my recent projects to 20 instead of 10:

Antifreeze Design

Return to posts index

Demian KrentzRe: Custom Easy Ease?
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 12:56:42 am

If anyone shares a way to edit the preferences file to change the default ease graph shape, I'd jump for joy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved