ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Keyframe shortcuts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert BeltranKeyframe shortcuts
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 9:01:02 pm

Hello, All
Im trying to find out if there is a specific keyboard short cut for keyframes. The issue is in order to change a keyframes property you need to have the CTI over the keyframe. If you don't and you change the property of that layer then it creates a new keyframe where ever your CTI is. That means that you need to then move that new keyframe over to the correct stop and delete the first keyframe that was made.

I want to be able to change my keyframes property without having to move my CTI over to that keyframe in order to make the change or have to create a new keyframe and then move it over to correct stop.

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Muchos Thank You's

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Keyframe shortcuts
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 9:20:51 pm

You can use the J and K keys to move the CTI to the previous and next keyframes visible in the timeline panel, respectively.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: Keyframe shortcuts
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 11:27:53 pm

If you mouse double-click on the keyframe that you want to modify (even if your CTI is not located on top of it), a window will pop up and let you input your new parameters.

David Baud
Editor & VFX
Denver - Paris

Return to posts index

Sam FreemanRe: Keyframe shortcuts
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:08:16 am

Or sometimes I add a new keyframe (or copy and paste the one I want to alter) where I am - highlight both - then drag the value for both at the same time. Delete the new keyframe.

Sounds like it would take a lot of time, but it doesn't really.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved