ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Channel invert problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony MarionChannel invert problem
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:20:09 pm

Hello all,

I'm applying the channel invert effect to a piece of black clothing to turn it white and everything is perfect EXCEPT for a thin black outline around the clothing that I don't know how to remove.

Any suggestions (other than use actual colors instead, because I don't have a choice) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tony

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Channel invert problem
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 11:52:53 pm

That thin black line could be caused by any number of things. Can you give us more information on how you're inverting the cloth? Does it have an alpha? Are you masking it? Is there a bright highlight on the cloth that is becoming black when inverted?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Tony MarionRe: Channel invert problem
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 1:04:22 pm

Darby - It's an effects test on a still photo to see if I can pull it off before I try it for my client. I have a woman in black lingerie against a white background. I've tried everything from inverting the channel in a sep comp and using luma key to leave the white lingerie behind as it's own layer, to tint then keylight, channel shift, different modes, different track mattes, and even roto brush. No matter I try, a thin black outline remains after the invert.

Chris - Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work either.

I eventually want to be able to change white lingerie to black (I'm currently working backwards because black has been more cooperative in every test) while panning a model. It's for a commercial that I'm shooting the 28th.

Thanks again for your help!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Channel invert problem
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 3:42:03 pm

I'm at a loss. Without seeing the project I wouldn't know what to suggest from here.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Tony MarionRe: Channel invert problem
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 4:38:48 pm

Thanks again for the help. I must now humbly admit to being dumb :(

I was using a still snagged from the web to test this effect and what I didn't notice about the original until an accidental zoom-in this morning is that in certain areas the original has a barely perceptible white outline in many places next to the model's skin. So when I invert even a roto brushed layer, I get a black outline. When I tried the choke, the outline would go away only to reveal a thin line of black from the original image underneath.

Sorry guys, my bad, but thank you again for your help!

Return to posts index

Chris WarrenRe: Channel invert problem
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 11:53:10 pm

If the layer is a transparent layer try using the "Simple Choker" effect

ChrisW
http://www.azprovideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]