ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS6 Production Premium Download Restarts itself

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nels McLaughlinCS6 Production Premium Download Restarts itself
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 12:58:30 pm

This possibly should be in a different forum, but I didn't find one on CS6 overall. Anyway, I just started a new job and the IT dept decided to download CS6 for me (great, I know!). They started the download of the 5.85 GB file on Friday, and it is now Wednesday morning and the download is still going (not great, I know!).

What happens is that the download is in two parts...ProductionPremium_CS6_LS7.7z Part 1 and Part 2...but when the first part gets to 99% (maybe all the way to 100%, I don't know cause I havent seen it), it restarts at 0% and begins again.

Is this because it takes so long to download that we get logged out (due to inactivity, our username times out?). Not sure what the deal is, but we did try to stop and restart the download, but it hasn't helped...

If/when I find a solution, I'll post it in case anyone else has the issue, but for now...HELP!

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: CS6 Production Premium Download Restarts itself
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:05:18 pm

I don't know whether this is the issue, but when I initially downloaded the computer was connected via WiFi, the download eventually failed.

Connecting via a wired connection was faster and successful.

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlinRe: CS6 Production Premium Download Restarts itself
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:06:45 pm

It turns out the problem was that the connection speed at the office wasn't fast enough to download the file before the network timed out the download. It had to be done on an external line - probably would have been faster to go to Starbucks with a laptop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved