ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem with alpha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Antón FernándezProblem with alpha
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:18:50 am

I've done in 3dMax a x-ray skin, with a lot of transparencies. I work in eyeon Fusion, and there is no problem, but whe I opened in After effects/Premiere/Photoshop, there is nothing! My clip is empty! There is no information, all is transparent. But, in the clip, If I click in "interpretate footage" and select : Ignore Alpha.... There is the skin!!!! What happned? Why after/premiere/photoshop don't do correctly the alpha? Or its problem of 3dMax export? It's curious because all bones are done with a similar texture... and works fine :S

I upload this preview in eyeon Fusion showing that works fine, and the original footage.

Original footage:

Eyeon fusions OK

Return to posts index

Conrad OlsonRe: Problem with alpha
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 5:54:12 pm

I have just looked at the image in Nuke. There is an alpha channel as part of the file but the channel is completely empty. Nuke and Fusion don't do any to apply the alpha channel to the image when they read it in, they just us it for other operations. After Effects multiplies the image to the alpha, so if it is empty your image disappears.

You either need to create an alpha channel that matches your image when you render it from your 3D app or make sure it renders without an alpha channel at all, so just RGB, not RGB+A.

You can easily use this image without an alpha channel. If you put this over something as it is it will work like an ADD blending mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved