ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Footage stays still

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariano GarciaFootage stays still
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 9:52:57 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue. I'm using some footage from and the first time everything worked fine but when I opened the project again(just some minutes after) the footage didn't play anymore, it just stays still in the a single frame (the last one), some of the clips plays but just when the preview resolution is at quarter. The footage is originally 29.97 FPC conformed as 24 in AE. It is in a 24 composition. What can be happening?
I'm using AE CS3 in a Leopard Mac 2GB Ram, 2.4 GHZ Intel 2 Core.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Footage stays still
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 10:09:37 pm

What is the resolution of your project/footage?
It may be that the 2GB of RAM you have are not enough if you try a full frame preview and you may need to purge the cache or restart AE and then work at half or even a third resolution/preview size.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mariano GarciaRe: Footage stays still
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 7:21:05 pm

Hey thank you so much. About purging the Cache, how to do it? just clean database and cache button?
Anyway I was really hoping it was a RAM issue, but I'm not that sure anymore, I enabled disk cache. Pre conformed the footage, and the problem stills happening (sometimes it doesn't even plays in quarter) even thought this footage is way smaller and less heavy than the rest of the footage that plays smoothly.
By the way, the problematic footage was originally in H.264 I exported it as Apple pro res to match the rest of the project. So, any other idea? thanks.

Return to posts index

Mariano GarciaRe: Footage stays still
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 7:43:45 pm

Nevermind looks like it just needed to restart the program after the changes, everything works fine now. Thnak you for everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved