ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera angle manipulation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kalvin TaylorCamera angle manipulation
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:45:42 pm

I've seen this effect a number of times before, and always wondered how it was done. I just watched this video

and they use it a few different times at 2:50, 3:50, 5:43...
They have two different cameras set up nearby each other, and during a freeze frame the view is morphed from one camera to the other. I'm curious if there is a tutorial out there or just if anybody has some tips on how this would be done.

Return to posts index

Kalvin TaylorRe: Camera angle manipulation
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:49:53 am

After posting I continued doing some further research, and it turns out for this particular video they used a long line of Go Pros to do a bullet time effect. So would there be an alternate way to do this, with only two cameras and some After Effects type work?

Return to posts index

Dave AndradeRe: Camera angle manipulation
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 1:27:52 pm

Kalvin you beat me to it. If you research some videos for the Matrix, they did it the same exact way. You COULD in theory, use only 2 cameras, but you can't make whats NOT there APPEAR there.

What I mean by that is, it would be hard if not impossible to interpolate what the images would look like in between where you have one camera and the location of the next camera. You would have to literally have the subject stand still for a minute and then take still frames around them.

Which, again, isn't impossible...but unless you have some type of rig where you can follow an arc, it may look sloppy if youre not only changing location, but also inadvertently...distance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved