ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Time remap position...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle SamuelsTime remap position...
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 7:20:43 pm

Hi I'm new here, and I have a question ( I don't even know if this is possible). I'm making a puppet. Each layer of the puppet is a pre-comp with several dozen or so layers inside, for example the hair pre-comp has 10 sub layers or frames. Now the hair layer is parented to the head layer, naturally and this is where the problem comes in. In the head layer, I animated a squash and stretch, but since it is in the same size comp, the hair remains in its original position instead of matching the heads position (because I would have to animate the difference in the position) What I want to know is, if I can create a comp with nulls that are in the proper "Y" position, time remap that layer, and attach it to a slider.

Ideally it should function as such:

The hair layer should be parented to the "guide" layer. The guide layer and the head should be parented to a slider, and when the slider is animated, the hair and head move to the correct frame, and the guide layer moves the position of the frame to the proper area.

It sounds a little complicated, but I just need to know if I can time remap a comp, have each keyframe be a different "Y" position value and the child of this comp would take it's position from said comp.
Any help with the expressions needed to make this possible would be a HUGE help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved