ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trapcode particular question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
João CunhaTrapcode particular question
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 7:28:11 pm

I'm using Trapcode Particular and how can I use a emitter that drops all the particles in the same plane? What I need is to bounce a bunch of particles on top of a logo and I'm noticing that after they bounce the first time, they will move in Z. In terms of look this destroys the effects because I need them to hit always the top limit of the logo.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Trapcode particular question
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 9:02:14 pm

I understand now better your previous post- if you need real world physics in 2d, Newton is better suited for the job.

To use Particular you may get away if you use a long lens on the camera and shoot from far away for the particles in one comp and position that as a 3d layer (the particles will be in a flat 2d plane though) in the logo comp- of course match the position to have the particles on top of your logo.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

chandra hopeRe: Trapcode particular question
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 4:44:46 pm

wow, I just checked out Newton, looks awesome! Is it pretty easy to figure out? Dynamics was one of the reasons I have been learning Maya, but this plugin seems to do it all! With the new ray trace features in CS6 and with this powerful plugin I can do everything I want!

Thanks for sharing!

Return to posts index

Jonathan MillerRe: Trapcode particular question
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 1:20:34 pm

That's an amazing looking pluggin. A little spendy, but very cool.

Jonathan Miller
Motion Graphics - Video - Audio

T: 612.701.2322 E: W:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved