ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Video for TV DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WoodAfter Effects Video for TV DVD
by on Jul 6, 2012 at 4:24:12 pm

I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem I have.

I've created a video using After Affects promoting events that a client is offering.

It's around 5 minutes long and is to be played through their 50 inch TV. I've suggested that they play it through a DVD as the TV is situated in their reception area. There is no audio on the video, just moving imagery.

So far i've rendered the file in mp4, mpeg2-DVD formats and then tried burning these formats to DVD+R 4.7gb 8x 120 min DVD's, but each time I have tried to play the file through a dvd player it just comes up as 'cannot read disc'.

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing differently? I've read some of the responses to similar problems on here, but have found them to be quite confusing.

I'm located in the UK so the file will have to be compatible for UK DVD players.

I look forward to your replies.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Video for TV DVD
by on Jul 6, 2012 at 5:18:22 pm

You have just created a file that is ready to be put into another program, like Encore that builds DVD's . DVD's for DVD players have very specific formats requirements that's not as simple as just burning a file on to the disc.

If you have Encore, you would just need to open it up, start a PAL project, press "Shift+Cntl+T" to import your file and place it into a timeline, set an end action for the timeline(stop or loop back to the beginning of the timeline) and link the Title Button to your timeline.

Then you could build your project and create your DVD.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chris WoodRe: After Effects Video for TV DVD
by on Jul 6, 2012 at 7:38:27 pm

Thanks for replying to my post.

Unfortunately I don't have encore, is there an alternative that I could use. I'm working on a Mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved