ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blending Chroma key Output with Background?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Youssef Akkari
Blending Chroma key Output with Background?
on Jul 6, 2012 at 12:06:06 pm

Hello guys,

Thanks for taking the time to review this. I'm still relatively new to chroma key work and have produced one simple interview-styled video with a half-body shot of a person talking.

The problem is I'm having a hard time blending the person more with the background so it feels more realistic. I haven't touched anything yet, no color correction or anything.

I do get this feeling that something is not right and that the person perhaps stands out from the background a lot, and have no clue on how I could enhance that.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated. The video URL:

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Pat Harris
Re: Blending Chroma key Output with Background?
on Jul 6, 2012 at 1:54:37 pm

Part of why it looks odd is because the lighting looks unnatural based on the background. You could try blurring the background to simulate a shallow depth of field and maybe scale up the subject a tad.

Pat Harris
http://www.CinematicDSLR.com

Return to posts index

Youssef Akkari
on Jul 6, 2012 at 2:15:37 pm

Thank you for very much for response, Pat.

Well the lighting was set in a simple studio using a 3 way lighting fluorescent lighting system.

I have thought about blurring the background, but won't that make it look even more odd since the lighting does not fit the environment?

Is it possible using some kind of color correction to make the subject's lighting appear to blend more with the background's?

For future reference, how do you think the studio lighting could have been adjusted during shooting to match the background's? Maybe I should have not used hair light at all? But then it might make it difficult to key out the green screen?

Thanks a lot for your input so far.

Return to posts index

Youssef Akkari
on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:56:11 pm

Would appreciate it if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Thank!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]