ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ram Preview problems?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph YiRam Preview problems?
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 8:29:47 pm

So I'm working on a video and I hit ram preview to see what I have so far. In renders about 6 seconds of the video, and then the video starts to play. It wont render anymore, and when I hit ram preview again, it just plays that 6 seconds of the video. I have the work area set to the beginning of the video and the end, but it won't render the rest of the video. If I move the work area to a different part of the video when this happens to just view a specific part of the video, it says I need 2 or more frames to ram preview, but it won't even let me render 2 frames! If it does, then it ONLY renders 2 frames! Can anyone help? This is becoming an annoyance.
Thanks to all.

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Ram Preview problems?
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 10:10:08 pm

What is the size of your composition (video size), what quality are you rendering (full, 1/2, 1/4) and how much ram does your system have.

If you need to render a specific point of the video, move the play head and in the ram preview panel uncheck render from beginning.

Also, what version of After Effects do you have, and is it fully up to date in terms of updates and patches?

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved