ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

extending the bounding box and/or shortening the time of shatter?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
karen dunnextending the bounding box and/or shortening the time of shatter?
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:58:52 pm

Hi all-

I created a small movie of a rotating object with an alpha channel, rendered it and brought it back in. I'd like to have several instances of this movie onscreen and have them then shatter individually. I've created my gradient to make it shatter how I want and figured out how to do it at the time I want.

My problem is that the shatter effect is limited to the bounding box of the original movie. I tried Grow Bounds which did make the shatter extend, but there now seems to be too much shattering going on.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea to solve this? Maybe the best way to shorten the actual shatter is the solution? I thought about creating the original movie at a size larger than the comp it's going into but since I am having several instances at different positions then I would need it really big and it seems unwieldy.

thanks!
Karen

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: extending the bounding box and/or shortening the time of shatter?
by on Jul 5, 2012 at 8:46:19 pm

Not exactly sure I understand your issue, but it seems to me that you could create a comp larger than the final size you need, position the rendered object (several instances) where you want them to be and bring that comp into your final comp and apply shatter to it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]