ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 Disk Cache Warning

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian TarioAE CS6 Disk Cache Warning
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:41:30 am

Is anyone using AE CS6 and getting a warning dialog upon launch? See screenshot. I've looked around online, but can’t find any info. I have a dedicated drive in my Mac Pro for the disk cache and it’s nowhere near full (currently 32 GB). And the preference in AE is set to only use up to 80% of the total space (200 GB on a 250 GB drive). Any ideas why I’m getting this warning? Thanks, Brian

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE CS6 Disk Cache Warning
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:57:05 am

CS6, by default sets aside 10% of the storage capacity of the assigned drive for disk caching. There is also a maximum of 100GB.

More info here.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Brian TarioRe: AE CS6 Disk Cache Warning
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:07:38 am

Huh, well that's a bummer. Thanks for the info! Is there some logic to a 100 GB cap or is that an arbitrary number? It seems odd that a dedicated disk is so highly recommended, but then the software will only use a relatively small amount of space.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE CS6 Disk Cache Warning
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:29:32 am

Here's what a passage, from the link I posted earlier, says -

The Maximum Disk Cache Size setting specifies the number of gigabytes of hard disk space to use. In After Effects CS6, the default disk cache size is set to 10% of the volume's total size, up to 100 GB. In After Effects CS5.5, this amount is 20 GB, by default. Because of this, many more frames are eligible for disk caching than in previous versions.

The 100GB limit I mentioned could be incorrect. Unfortunately, there is some ambiguity as there could be a case that a 200GB disk cache can be created, by default, if the HD has a 2TB capacity.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Mario CostaRe: AE CS6 Disk Cache Warning
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 7:57:28 pm

Hi, i have the same error. It says that the cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space, can i change the cache folder?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]