ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to generate a third colour from two layers moving over each other?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris KosterHow to generate a third colour from two layers moving over each other?
by on Jul 2, 2012 at 10:02:00 am

I have two layers. One with blue rings and the other layer with yellow rings. When the two layers merge (ie. as a blue ring passes over a yellow ring) I want the result to form a green ring.

So in other words, I'm trying to find a way of creating a third colour (color) from the merging of two other colours.

I've tried experimenting with alpha mattes, luma mattes, you name it, but I'm getting confused. Apologies if this is simple.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to generate a third colour from two layers moving over each other?
by on Jul 2, 2012 at 12:01:30 pm

You need to play with the transfer modes. Make sure the "Modes" column is available---if it's not there right click by "Source Name" and choose modes. Darken, Multiply & Color Burn will all produce a green when those layers are combined.

Work with layer blending modes

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]