ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text Countdown, how to "tween" between numbers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tyler jordanText Countdown, how to "tween" between numbers
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:39:25 pm

Hi there,

I have a text layer that has an expression on it that makes the numbers countdown. What I would like to do is "tween" the numbers as the time changes, so that they morph from one to another, rather than just having it switch to the next number.

I'm aware of the the method of converting the text to objects - but I'm dealing with a 30 minute long countdown, so that method isn't very time-effective.

Also, I need to keep the text vector, as I'm applying plexus to it.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Sean LewisRe: Text Countdown, how to
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 6:57:39 pm

There's something I've always wanted to try but never had an excuse to. Maybe you can try it as a potential solution. Get he two frames you want to tween. Put them in sequence, one frame after the other, pre-compose those two different frames (moving attributes in). Then turn on frame blending, set the comp to 'pixel motion' and time remap it for as long as you want the tween to last... 25 frames ;). Then whatever setting you apply to the text with plexus it will tween via the pixel motion as the tween is applied on the outer comp.
Btw I don't have plexus, but I want to get it. There's probably an easier way in there but I noticed no one had replied so maybe not. Next thing is working out how to automate that into a script!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved