ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chroma Key: Hair isn't the problem. Host shaking her head IS!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ParsonsChroma Key: Hair isn't the problem. Host shaking her head IS!
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:12:27 pm

OK, I have a hostess in my video shot against a good green screen, well-lit, little in the way of blurred movement, etc. Overall, I think it's a good green screen shot. Im using a Panasonic AG-HPX250PJ camera with the AVCI-100 codec.

Using 4 different layers in AE, I was able to individually key her arms, her blouse, her neck, and her hair using Keylight 1.2.

If I do say so myself, the end result looks pretty good. I'm satisfied with the general effect.

The problem, upon closer examination, comes when her hair changes position in relation to her neck. She shakes and nods her head a couple times throughout the clip.

This causes the feathered border between the tight matte and the soft matte to travel up and down her neck/cheek as she moves her head.

Anyone have any methods for easily animating the mask to follow the border between her hair and solid skin?

NOTE: it's not as easy as animating the mask up and down. I tried that, but she shakes her head, which at times completely obscures her hair. I think it needs a second dimension to it, but I am not sure how to do it.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Chroma Key: Hair isn't the problem. Host shaking her head IS!
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:21:23 pm

You might try a pass with the Roto Brush, just on that section of her neck.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]