ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a sunset reflection

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrero
Creating a sunset reflection
on Jun 28, 2012 at 8:30:20 am

hello everyone,

I am trying to create a scene where everything is in a sunset. Basically I have water, therefore the sun reflects in the water creating some highlights.

You could preview on here some examples:
- http://www.artbeats.com/clips/RP-FH104-87/HD

-http://www.artbeats.com/clips/SEA113/NTSC

Basically what i did was using psunami i left only the reflection part by doing a linear key of the rest and animating it. Besides I took a part of the footage of my lake and color corrected it properly and use as luma mask for the psunami. It does not look bad, but it is not amazing neither.

Any other fancy way to do something like this?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Carter
Re: Creating a sunset reflection
on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:57:51 pm

Have you tried using a displacement map on the reflection to match the motion of the water?

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:53:42 pm

thanks Scott I tried to apply the displacement map over this reflect using as reference the lake water layer , however i dont see any improvement.

any suggestion??

many thanks

Return to posts index

Scott Carter
on Jul 2, 2012 at 4:40:59 pm

If you have already tried to experiment with the different displacement map settings (channels and Luminosity) and are not getting results you could try to duplicate the Water footage (and turn the layer off) and boost up the contrast so the displacement effect is more drastic. If you are still not getting results you could also try applying the turbulent displace effect on your reflection and animate the evolution.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Jul 4, 2012 at 8:37:31 am

Hello Scott, I tried what you said , It improves a little the result which is already a big help.

thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]