ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Pet Peeve - Importing Files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Kutzera
AE Pet Peeve - Importing Files
on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:38:47 am

When I import a file, sometimes I have to double click a folder to reach the file within. When I do this in AE-Import, instead of opening the folder, it imports the whole thing. To get around this, I use that column format finder window to just open the folder and not import it. Kind of a pet peeve of mine, but I'm probably doing it wrong.

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
Re: AE Pet Peeve - Importing Files
on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:28:57 am

You can drag-and-drop files into the AE project window.

Jim

Return to posts index

Dale Kutzera
on Jun 28, 2012 at 1:26:34 pm

Yes, bu my pet peeve is opening the folder the file is within. If I want to open a file in say Word, I can double click the folder in the "open" window and it will reveal all the files inside. When I do this in AE...it imports the entire folder.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:10:35 pm

Maybe if you think about it as a "push" operation as opposed to a "pull" one, it will get you there quicker - I use Bridge to track and manage all of my project files, and any project I'm working on is saved in the Favorites tab. It's a simple matter to open Bridge (which is usually open anyway), view the files I'm about to use, sort or select them, then drag and drop into AE.

The whole sort/select process I'm talking about is done before hand, so it's really a one step operation. I pick my selects, then either label or keyword them in Bridge, so with a single click, I can be looking at just the files I'm about to import (.mov for example). I then Shift or Control select and drag them into the Project in AE.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]