ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixelated Logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley RipkaPixelated Logo
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 7:55:58 pm

I have a hi res image in photoshop I am trying to export into After Effects. The image is in RGB and hi res, but no matter how I try to put it into After Effects, it comes out super blurry and pixelated.

The settings in AE are just the typical 1920 x 1080 and 30 FPS and the Photoshop file is 1665x 2326 and at 300 DPI.
I know that AE doesn't understand DPI, but pixels, but I can't seem to figure this one out.
How do I keep it from being blurry/pixelated??

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Pixelated Logo
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 8:03:58 pm

Change the Photoshop file resolution to 72 ppi.

Return to posts index

Ashley RipkaRe: Pixelated Logo
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 8:16:37 pm

It's still pixelated. Another one of my coworkers was having the same issue with a logo being imported in After Effects and it looking terrible. I'm working with CS6, is this a common problem?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Pixelated Logo
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 8:19:06 pm

Is the Comp viewer set to Full resolution and 100% magnification?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Pixelated Logo
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 8:22:28 pm

if there are not an effects on the layer, the layer's scale is 100% (or less) and it is a 2d layer, then this sounds like the old opengl 'always on' for previews issue from earlier versions of ae...

is there any similar setting in cs6? (i don't have it so i can check)

also do you have the latest updates?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Pixelated Logo
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:39:49 pm

[Kevin Camp] "this sounds like the old opengl 'always on' for previews issue from earlier versions of ae... is there any similar setting in cs6?"

Negative. The OpenGL renderer has been completely removed from CS6 -- and good riddance!

CS6 does have some OpenGL acceleration, but it is used for completely different things than the erstwhile OpenGL renderer of CS5.5 and previous.

See Todd Kopriva's blog post GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6 [link] for more, but here's the important part:
"The OpenGL features in After Effects CS6 have been built fresh and do not attempt to solve the same problems as the previous OpenGL renderer. In other words, you no longer need to be scared by the appearance of the word ‘OpenGL’ as it relates to After Effects."

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ashley RipkaRe: Pixelated Logo
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:13:04 pm

It was werid! I was working in After Effects all day with 100% resolution and then when I imported the file, it knocked it down to a quarter. I feel like such a dummy! haha.

Thank you for your help guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]