ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

custom particle in particular and colors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Schelacustom particle in particular and colors
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 10:42:23 am

Hello I have another question!

I am using a textured polygon (custom particle) for particular and trying an image dissolving effect. with a sphere as a particle the spheres which dissolve the image are adapted to the color of the image so it looks good but with custom particles (a 1 px line) it remains white. Is there any way to adapt the image color to the custom particle when dissolving the image?

I am thankful for any advice :)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: custom particle in particular and colors
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 12:00:37 pm

I've done this by changing the emitter to "layer" and under the "Layer Emitter" pulldown(down at the bottom of the emitter properties) change the "Layer" to the layer you want to sample the colors, "Layer RGB Usage" to "RGB - Particle Color". For Particle Type I used "Textured Polygon Fill"

FYI, if I read what you are trying to accomplish, Trapcode Form probably is a more efficient solution. As I worked this out, I created a little example project:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Sarah SchelaRe: custom particle in particular and colors
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 4:45:58 pm

oh, thank you so much! it worked!
the problem was that I didn't set the custom particle to "Textured Polygon Fill".
Thank you so much. also for the data with the example!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved