ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE6 RAM Preview problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott O'HaraAE6 RAM Preview problems
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:54:58 pm

So I upgraded to AE6 from CS5.5. Now every time I RAM preview it gives me the error message, "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback".

The times I can get it to work it only renders a second or two. Complete opposite of when I use CS5.5 and it works fine. Even when I just press the spacebar for playback I don't get any render (green) at all.

I've been reading previous posts and I know that there doesn't seem to be an answer for this. Should I contact Adobe?

I'm running a MacBook Pro and everything is up to date to my knowledge. I'm not sure what I should try to see if it corrects the problem short of just using CS5.5

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE6 RAM Preview problems
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:51:28 pm

Normally, that message only appears if your CTI (current time indicator) is at the end of the timeline OR if the beginning and end points of your workspace are set to the same time and you have "From Current Time" unchecked in the RAM preview options. If none of those apply then try a fresh comp and/or project and see if it persists. If so, you might try trashing the preferences file and restarting AE.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: AE6 RAM Preview problems
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 6:28:14 am

Try giving more RAM to other applications.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved