ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Preset that Modify's opacity?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquinPreset that Modify's opacity?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:54:02 pm

Is it possible to save a preset in the preset manager that modifys the Opacity/Position/Rotation etc values of the layer in AE?

I can save the effects but not the keyframes on thoese values. :S

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Preset that Modify's opacity?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 9:39:13 pm

You have to select the properties you want saved in the preset. Only properties that are selected will be saved in the preset.

An easy way to view only properties that have been changed from their defaults is to press 'uu' with the layer selected. Then you can shift select the properties that come up and save your preset from there.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: Preset that Modify's opacity?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:24:58 pm

What about solids? Let's say i have a nice animation with a solid do i need to save it as a project to re-use or can i save it somehow to use it from anywhere in AE?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Preset that Modify's opacity?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:51:25 pm

[Allen joaquin] "What about solids? Let's say i have a nice animation with a solid do i need to save it as a project to re-use or can i save it somehow to use it from anywhere in AE?"

You can save any or all of the properties of the solid as an animation preset, but you can't save the solid itself as an animation preset.

You'll have to save that as a project file or project template. Template files can be made by changing the .aep postfix to .aet. Template files cannot be modified by "Save" but you can Import them into projects or use "Save As."

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: Preset that Modify's opacity?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:32:46 pm

Ok Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]