ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan McGeheeUsing Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:04:56 pm

Hello all,

I am thinking of upgrading to CS6 production premium. However I have a question. I know you can install it on two of your computers. However, according to Adobe you cannot run the installations at the same time. For instance run AE on my laptop and premiere on my desktop on the same time. Is this true or can you do it, just adobe doesn't want you to?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Using Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:02:50 pm

Adobe is basically using the honor system to make sure that you're not, for example, installing on a desktop and a laptop, then working in AE while a production assistant or editor works in PPro. It would be fine with them if you were working in AE on your desktop, then switching hats and jumping to your laptop to work in PPro, but not both at the same time.

I would assume that with the technology available today, and the fact that you're registered online with Adobe, that they could tell if you're using the same licensed software at the same time on two machines. Maybe someone from Adobe can weigh in here.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Using Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:59:33 pm

you can also install the software on many computers, you can just only have it activated on 2 at a time.

all you do is choose help>deactivate and then help activate on another system. if you don't choose the 'delete license' option the next time you go to activate it on that machine, you shouldn't need to re-enter the software license number.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jordan McGeheeRe: Using Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 1:38:21 am

Does anyone know for sure?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Using Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 5:39:39 pm

From Adobe's End-user license agreements FAQ [link]:
Can I use my software on two computers?
If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user or volume license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

From Adobe's Creative Cloud FAQ [link]:
On how many computers can I install the software I download from Creative Cloud?
You can install the desktop applications available in Creative Cloud on your primary computer and one backup computer, as long as they are not running at the same time. You will have access to both the Mac OS and Windows versions, so if you have a Mac at home and a PC at work, for instance, you can install your applications on both. See the product license agreements page for more information.

This is a professional forum, and no one here is going to discuss violating the license.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jim WattRe: Using Production premium cs6 on more than one computer at a time
by on May 29, 2013 at 6:27:36 pm

If I own adobe CS6 production premium, and have also in addition purchased a Cloud version of the creative suite, will that allow me to use both the Cloud version and the boxed version on 2 machines at the same time?

Thx...jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]