ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Stabalizing shakey Jib Shot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gully MooreStabalizing shakey Jib Shot
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 4:57:09 pm

I've got a jib shot in a film I'm working on at the moment and it has a bit of shake at the end. I've tried using the stabilize feature in AE but it hasn't worked that well, it just seems to make it even more jittery.

Here is a link to the shot:

Return to posts index

Jonny WebbRe: Stabalizing shakey Jib Shot
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 8:44:55 am

hi, i've been using Warp Stab a lot lately and i've found it to be a tempermental beast. Sometimes its works really well, other times it sucks, and thats on the same clip!

I found that you need to fiddle with the settings a lot. In the Warp's settings make sure you have "Smooth Motion", and try turning up the smoothness from default 50% to say 70%.
your "method" needs to be "subspace warp"
"framing" is whatever suits your needs.

Also, try experiemnting with just a dozen or so seconds of footage as Warp can take a long time to calulate the changes.

Hope that helps, Jon

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Stabalizing shakey Jib Shot
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 11:55:00 pm

And, if all the tweaking in the world won't fix it (even though it should), you could always try the legacy stabilizer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Stabalizing shakey Jib Shot
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:37:35 pm

I was able to get a good result on your clip with the Warp Stabilizer by using the Position, Scale, Rotation method for the stabilization.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved