ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS5.5 VS CS6 render settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaime CanoAE CS5.5 VS CS6 render settings
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 1:51:11 pm

Hi everyone.

I recently upgraded to CS6 and installed a Quadro 4000 for mac on my 3,1 mac pro ( 2x2.8 Quad-core with 16G ram). I haven't updated/moved my plugins, presets and scripts yet, so I'm finishing a pending project (HDTV 1080 24) in AECS5.5. Before I upgraded, whenever I ram-previed a sequence, the preview-render would calculate until I hit a key, giving me as long a preview as I needed regardless of sequence size or complexity.

Since I upgraded, I'm not sure if I changed a setting or it was done for me with the install, whenever I ram-preview I get a short 4-6 second preview instead of an unlimited one. Half of the time this is OK but, I was wondering if there's something I'm missing to get back the longer previews. Also, I started getting the intermittent "ram preview need at least 2 frames" error message, which will go away if I restart AE (saving and purging didn't fix it). Highly inconvenient, but not terrible for now.

I have these settings under Preferences:

Previews > Resolution at 1/8 with Open GL enabled (as well as the other two tick marks: enable and accelerate)

Media & Disk Cache > is set to 8 GB on a folder in a secondary internal drive (should this be higher?)

Memory & Multiprocessing > Ram reserved for other apps is also set to 8GB and multiprocessing is turned off. At the times when I have enabled it it to test the MP speed, it is usually slower than without it.

Also, right now in the viewer the Fast Preview option is set to OFF. Other than wireframe, should it be set to anything else?

Is CS6 the culprit, the Quadro card or just incompatible preferences? Any information you could provide would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Jaime Cano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved