ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to switch the shadows on an image with the highlights?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy ChopraIs it possible to switch the shadows on an image with the highlights?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:07:20 pm

Hi all

I'm not very experienced with color correction techniques in after effects and was wondering if its possible to do the following and if so how?...

I have an image of a hand I am keying into a scene but the issue I have is that the hand has shadows on the parts of the hand I need to be lit and light on the parts of the hand I need to be in shade.. Its literally a case of the lighting being at the wrong side of the image when it was shot than I need it to be to add to this scene..

Is it possible to switch thes around in the image and if so how?

thanks for any help or pointers!

fixated!

Return to posts index

Juan ManuelRe: Is it possible to switch the shadows on an image with the highlights?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 1:28:20 pm

Idea: duplicate the layers after keying. Desaturate the upper layer, invert it and play around with bending modes, opacity and maybe some blur.
There are probably other ways to do it, though

Return to posts index

Jeremy ChopraRe: Is it possible to switch the shadows on an image with the highlights?
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:25:52 pm

Hi thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated...

I tried it but couldn't quite get a realistic enough look with the technique. None of the blending modes seemed to like the idea. It may be because of it being a skin tone or I'm missing something in the workflow you suggested?

Return to posts index

Juan ManuelRe: Is it possible to switch the shadows on an image with the highlights?
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 1:39:35 pm

Then it just doesn't work

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]