ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Colorista 2 Presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Samuels
Colorista 2 Presets
on Jun 25, 2012 at 7:52:41 pm

Hi.

I've been sent a colorista 2 preset (.ffx file) to use in a project I'm working on but I can't seem to find where to put it.

There's no colorista folder in the presets folder (Applications - Adobe - After Effects - Presets) so I'm not sure what to do with the file.

This seems like a real rookie question but it's got me stumped.

I'm using CS5.5 on a Mac running OS X.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Colorista 2 Presets
on Jun 25, 2012 at 9:02:45 pm

i'm not sure you actually need a colorist folder in the presets folder, but you could make one if you wanted.

but if the preset(s) is for the effect 'colorista 2', then you will need that effect (redgiantsoftware.com).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Stuart Samuels
on Jun 25, 2012 at 9:17:24 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have Colorista 2 installed and use it regularly but this is the first time I've used (or at least attempted to use) a preset with it. I've just found out the prest was made in CS6 where as I am running 5.5, could this be the issue?

Here's a screengrab of the file location and it missing in AE.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 25, 2012 at 10:00:01 pm

is the problem that you just want it to be in a folder called 'colorista 2'...? if so you should be able to create a folder in the presets folder (via the finder, not ae) with that name and put the ffx file in there.

when you restart ae or choose refresh list from the effects & presets panel it should appear in that panel the same way (the ffx file should be in the folder that you created).

or is the problem that it won't work when you apply it? if that's the case, it may be an issue between versions of the plugin. the cs6 version might be different from the cs5.5 version.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Stuart Samuels
on Jun 25, 2012 at 10:08:05 pm

I think I made too much of a point of saying there was no Colorista 2 folder. That's not really the problem (as you say, I could easily create one!).

I've dropped the preset into the presets folder (see pic in previous post) but it's just not showing up in the presets panel in AE, despite refreshing the list, restarting etc (again, see pic).

It must be a CS5/CS6 compatibility thing.

Thanks for our help and patience!

Stuart.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 28, 2012 at 12:08:44 am

Have you tried using the animation menu function to apply a preset rather than going to the animation presets window?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stuart Samuels
on Jun 28, 2012 at 5:22:49 pm

Thanks for your suggestion Michael.

I just gave it a try and a message pops up saying that the preset can't be used as it was created in a newer version of AE and can't be used in older versions.

At least I know why I was having the problem. Time to upgrade!

Stuart.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]