ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

creating a matte

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerocreating a matte
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 10:13:34 am

Hello everyone,

I got a scene where there is a lake. I want to change only the color of the water. therefore if I want to color correct, I need to remove the bushes and more elements around the water. Keying could , i guess, the best way to approach, instead masking ( the small bushes are complicate to mask).

I guess the fastest way, should be keying the water than the rest of the elements and invert the selection, to really delete the bushes.

any idea how this could be possible?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: creating a matte
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 10:31:23 am

Questions such as these are impossible to answer correctly without at least a still shot of the video... and knowing whether or not the shot is locked off.

The higher they fly... the much.
My Reel:

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: creating a matte
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 10:40:45 am

what about this???

Have a look please

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31678704/P1040606.MOV

thanks

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: creating a matte
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:07:56 am

Option 1: Track the mountains and sky in mocha... should be easier than the water. Use the resulting mask inversely to color correct only the water.With a feather on the mask you would be surprised how imperfect the matte can be and still be convincing. So don't even worry about the bushes... just use a basic matte around where the leaves generally are.

Option 2: If I was doing it I would just isolate the lake color in Apple Color and adjust it there. This can also be accomplished with Color Finesse inside AE.

The higher they fly... the much.
My Reel:

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: creating a matte
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 9:11:16 am

Thanks Mathew ,

I have been playing around a little with the option one, but i cannot get right. Could you please specify a little more the workflow on that one?

many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]