ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Use Towards Video Cleanup

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell StoverAfter Effects Use Towards Video Cleanup
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 12:45:30 am

Hi everyone, the other day I was given a project to do in After Effects that I haven't done before so I did some research and want to know if you guys could give me some input/advice on my findings.

Goal: Restore unique video used that was filmed underwater in extreme low light situations at some point. Video ranges from Hi 8 tape to DV tape, and even some more modern cameras. The goal is to go through the older footage, some almost 20 years old at this point, and remove grain and noise. I have also been tasked with "HDifying" (that's what my boss calls it) the video so if can be used in more modern projects.

Notes: I would like to point out that I know no matter what I do I can't ever make these old poor images into stunning masterpieces however, the goal is to clean it up enough so that we could use it in a few more modern video projects.

Anyways to clean up the footage through After Effects I am planning on using Red Giant's DeNoiser II and Neat Video. Then to boost the resolution up I plan on using Red Giant's Instant HD.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or would like to point out that I am doing something horribly wrong please feel let me know and thanks for your input!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: After Effects Use Towards Video Cleanup
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 7:27:29 am

It looks like you're set plug-in wise. You just need to figure out how much you want to push the footage and that the client knows that it won't suddenly turn into super crisp HD. Instead of 1080p you might try 720p, unless the client absolutely wants full HD.

Return to posts index

Ryan MikaRe: After Effects Use Towards Video Cleanup
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 7:39:56 am

great share.. thanks for share. visit my site

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved