ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

character rig

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Youngcharacter rig
by on Jun 24, 2012 at 10:02:13 am

I have a head composition which transitions from front view to profile view over 100 frames.

Outside that head comp I have a slide controller that is scaling the eyes creating a blink. The only problem is, the blink only works when I time remap the head container. When the head is stationary the eyes don't blink even though the blink slide control is being keyed from 0-100

Can anyone point me in the right direction of some rigging tutorials. I'm not looking for a plugin to auto rig since the animations I need a pretty specific like bending limbs etc.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: character rig
by on Jun 24, 2012 at 4:59:10 pm

Not a direct answer to your specific issue, but this can help you:

You will find tutorials at the above link- browse the site for free downloads.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jon BaggeRe: character rig
by on Jun 24, 2012 at 6:00:26 pm

Are you saying your head comp is time remapped so you can control the rotation? If that's the case you can't have the eyes inside that comp. You need a comp containing both the time remapped head comp and the eyes. You will then need to have the eyes match the head rotation as well as open/close.

Second the suggestion to look at Duduf for inverse kinematics/rigging tools. Also check out Daniel Gies for character rigging that will blow your mind

Jon Bagge - Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

Dale KutzeraRe: character rig
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:45:21 pm

I second that tutorial as a mind-blower. Coincidenally, I posted a question on the basic forum about using the Duduf IK process to create a walk cycle. Any tips on that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved