ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Growing Darkness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquinGrowing Darkness
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:55:42 pm

Hi again,! Today i wanted to ask if anyone knew how to create a sort of growing Darkness (footage?) or Effect i'm not sure weather it is an effect or just a couple of settings and a footage all toguetehr.

This would be the final result:

I think it must be done in AE, i know the letters are done probably using REalflow in Cinema 4D but what i'm intrested in is in the Dark sort of smoke? that comes from the right to the left making everything darker .

I tryed remaking it with the linear wipe and some other smoke footage but i just can't get something close to it.

That's why i'm asking for help!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Growing Darkness
by on Jun 23, 2012 at 8:46:15 pm

All of it can be done in AE- the letters could be created using FreeForm Pro, and the "darkness" could be a combination of Fractal Noise, animated masks and Color Grading (Levels or Curves and some desaturation).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: Growing Darkness
by on Jun 24, 2012 at 1:33:21 am

Wow, The Refilling Could be done in Freeform Pro too? I seriously understimate that plugin. o_o i thought the only way possible was using Realflow.

But "Ted" i kind off tryed doing it with the fractal noise however i can't seem to get any close to that look could you please break it down a bit so i can follow up and try to recreate that scene.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Growing Darkness
by on Jun 24, 2012 at 4:56:17 pm

FF Pro can do a lot of things- here's a link to a demo that shows water in AE using the plugin:

Regarding the "darkness"- I am actually on vacation and I do not have my AE machine - though obviously still hooked on the COW- so I can't really do a proper test to post it for you. You have to play around a bit- use different modes for compositing your layers- Multiply/ Overlay... also with the Fractal Noise settings- you have various presets for the way it looks, the way it animates and so on.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2012 at 9:25:04 pm

Ok,! i'll try to figure it out with the Fractal Noise.! but i'll be waiting for u to come back from the vacations and probably u'll get a much better result the i will.

!

Thanks alot.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:31:03 pm

I failed Hardly XD! Can't figure out how to make the darkness D: Been trying for like 3 days.!

Waiting for u to check it out! Ted ^^U

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]