ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

relinking compositions with other compositions (comps within a comp)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Limarelinking compositions with other compositions (comps within a comp)
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:54:23 pm

I'm putting together this workflow for a production and I'm wondering how I can dynamically relink compositions in After Effects.

This is the workflow:
1. Create an after effects file (and a comp) of a character rig
2. insert that rig into a new After Effects file (a new comp) for the environment.

However if I make changes to 1, such as adding new nulls or more bone structure to the rig, it will not be seen in step 2's imported comp. Is there ANY way I can change this issue? so that when there are changes to one comp, it affects the other? or any way to re-link it?

I notice there's relinking for FOOTAGE such as PSD files but nothing for comps.

Any help on this would be great, it would make our workflow move much easier.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: relinking compositions with other compositions (comps within a comp)
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:00:22 pm

aescripts has a script that looks like it will do what you need for $99.00.

AE Project Sync

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Frank LimaRe: relinking compositions with other compositions (comps within a comp)
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:11:00 pm

Is there anything in After Effects that can do it without the need for an external script?

Or is there any way I can change my workflow to fit After Effects ability to handle files?

We just need to have it in such a way that we can keep our rigs separate from our scenes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]