ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Weird lines in Font CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin BroeckWeird lines in Font CS5.5
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 4:24:02 am

Hi so I have no idea why this is all the sudden happening to me but all my fonts in AE have a black inner stroke to it. Very confusing & no effects have been applied. Reference: http://i.imgur.com/oKYy4.jpg

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Weird lines in Font CS5.5
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 5:40:30 am

My first guess, you have your color outline set to black, not set to none. Turn that off and see what you get.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services

Return to posts index

Benjamin BroeckRe: Weird lines in Font CS5.5
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:45:00 pm

See, the thing is, I have nothing on. The line is interior & not an outline to every font..

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Weird lines in Font CS5.5
by on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:46:57 am

It's because you have a 2 px stroke with faux bold enabled. Get rid of the 2 px stroke and you should be fine (change from 2 to 0 where it says stroke over fill and change it to All Fills Over All strokes)

If you want the 2 px stroke then get rid of faux bold or put all fills over all strokes and increase the stroke size until it appears.

Return to posts index

Benjamin BroeckRe: Weird lines in Font CS5.5
by on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:51:19 am

That did the trick, I must have gotten into the Character-->Fill Over Stroke section by accident when changing it to bold. Appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Weird lines in Font CS5.5
by on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:54:05 am

Great--a better way to turn off the stroke is to just disable it permanently by selecting the stroke color (square box with square hole) then selecting the little white box that has a red line through it to choose "No Stroke Color". Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]