ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Controlling Trapcode Particles in Z space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Hiebert
Controlling Trapcode Particles in Z space
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:34:51 pm

I've created 8 individual balloon images and have imported them as png's into AE. I am using these images as Sprites in trapcode via a split clip in Texture Time Sampling to simulate a never ending group of balloons that float through the screen. I have them emitting "Outwards" so they slowly float towards the camera as they fly up. Since they are 2D balloon images, occasionally two images will "fight" with each other as to which is first in z space causing them to appear and disappear in front and behind one another. Is there a way to control this? I'm curious as to why the particles arent moving at the same speed as each other.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Controlling Trapcode Particles in Z space
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:08:48 pm

I'll ask the simple question. Under the emitter settings, did you set the "Velocity Random[%] to 0?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave Hiebert
on Jun 20, 2012 at 2:16:53 pm

Yes it is. Box emitter, direction Outwards, Y rotation 13, Gravity -150. everything else seems to be default.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:13:22 pm

If it's not too much trouble, can you post the project here and I'll take a look at it and see if I notice anything you missed.

Don't need anything in the project except the particular layer and the precomps with the sprite layers, just so that it's set up the same.(don't need the balloons assets.)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave Hiebert
on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:33:24 pm

Not sure what happened here, but I reduced the y rotation to 0 and now it seems to be fine.

huh?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]