ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Darkening around the eyes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Sproul
Darkening around the eyes
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:09:50 pm

I am trying to do this effect where the subjects eyes turn black like a demon and I got that down, but I also the subject skin color around the eyes to darken and bruise and I want that to start around the eyes and then expand. However I'm not sure what to do, I don't think Paint can be keyed and seems like there must be something simpler than using a bunch of masks. Help Please, thanks

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Darkening around the eyes
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:12:12 pm

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/Demon_Face_Warp.php might aid in giving you some foundational knowledge.

Without looking at your footage, I'd track the eyes then mask the color adjustment and parent the adjustment's movements to the tracking marker.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services

Return to posts index

Steven Sproul
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:47:39 pm

If I created a mask for the color adjustment around the eyes, I could then theoretically expand the mask which then would convey the idea that the bruising and darkening around the eyes is expanding, correct?? Also wouldn't I need to create several masks to create the right color for the bruising

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
on Jun 20, 2012 at 12:19:24 am

Correct, it'll be a multilayer/multimask thing, but they can all move in unison thanks to the object tracking... any other keyframe animation for size is easy.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]