ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color Finesse III worked, now it's reverted to trial mode!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DileyColor Finesse III worked, now it's reverted to trial mode!
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:22:54 pm

I have CS4 Master Collection and easily my most important plug in is Color Finesse 3 LE, I love it, or at least I did...

My friend had my laptop overnight to do some edit work and without my permission, downloaded CS5.5. I have recently got a copy of CS5.5 Premiere Pro but was having problems with Dynamic Link which I found was due to not having AE in CS5.5 also, anyway, long story short, he was trying to help, I didn't want dodgy software to mess up my system so uninstalled and deleted.

Now, all of a sudden, I have gone in to AE on CS4 and I have the dreaded pink grid, when I click "about" it says it's serialized but nothing, and I mean NOTHING seems to work to fix this, I have tried the "regedit" suggestion I've seen on here, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in, AE and the whole CS4 suite to no avail, nothing is helping and it's really starting to get me down now.

Is there a fix to this? If not, this creates a world of problems for me which quite frankly, I can do without.

I am on Windows 7 and have been running CS4 Master Collection since I bought the laptop.

Please help :(

Return to posts index

Bob CurrierRe: Color Finesse III worked, now it's reverted to trial mode!
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:08:58 pm

After Effects CS4 came with Color Finesse 2 LE, not Color Finesse 3.

Do you have a CF3 serial number or a CF2 serial number? A CF2 serial number will start with "CFLEP20" while a CF3 serial will start with "CFLEP30".

The Color Finesse 2 installer is still available on our website if you need to reinstall that using the serial that was included with CS4.

Bob Currier
Synthetic Aperture

Return to posts index

David DileyRe: Color Finesse III worked, now it's reverted to trial mode!
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:01:08 pm

I'm not sure to be honest, it is definitely CF3 but everything was already pre-installed on the laptop when I bought it, that's why I bought it (2nd hand)

I can't remember if I have the serial somewhere or not as I have never needed it :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]