ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

FCP TO AE with Automatic Duck, gives error message then a blank composition?????

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Taylor
FCP TO AE with Automatic Duck, gives error message then a blank composition?????
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:20:18 pm

Hello All

I am new to After Effects and am trying to figure a workflow from FCP to After Effects. Today I stumbled on the Automatic Duck plug ins for exporting XMLs from FCP to AE.

I have downloaded and installed everything. Now when I first exported from FCP 7 to AE CS4, I got an error message saying that 'some layer effects unsupported' or words to that effect and a blank canvas/composition in AE. I went back to FCP, removed all effects from the timeline, and reimported into AE. I no longer got the error message but am still left with a blank composition, nothing seems to export over.

Have I got something wrong with installing the plug ins? Or am I doing something wrong when exporting/importing the XMLs?

Anyone else in the same boat or can shed any light on this?

Regards

Matt Taylor

Return to posts index

Wes Plate
Re: FCP TO AE with Automatic Duck, gives error message then a blank composition?????
on Jun 25, 2012 at 5:27:57 pm

Can you zip the XML file you're trying to import and upload to a place (like Dropbox) I can download from?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]