ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to key out various shades of green in after effects cs4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark dowie
how to key out various shades of green in after effects cs4
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:09:30 am

i am new to after effects when i key out in after effects it seems that you have to select a particular shade of green which is a problem if the green screen is nt perfect. in video edit magic they have a slider that allows you to remove more various types of green away from the original green that is picked. Is there a way to do that in after effects so that i can remove those other variations of the green that is picked?

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: how to key out various shades of green in after effects cs4
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:26:17 am

The "Linear Color Key" effect lets you pick a main color then add different shades with a color picker (has a + next to it). But the preferred built-in effect is Keylight--a little more advanced though.

Return to posts index

mark dowie
on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:21:01 pm

Hi Dan thanks for the info . It was the keylight effect I was using . Is there a way to key out different shades in keylight aswell . Also could you tell me what the advantages of key light are over the other methods cheers much apprecited

Return to posts index

mark dowie
on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:32:53 pm

Hi Dan can you give me a quick over view on how to use the linear key to key out varius shades of green cheers

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:34:25 am

Don't hesitate to use multiple instances of a keying effect and multiple copies of a layer to build a matte. Very seldom can you pull a good key with on instance of any keying effct.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]