ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Surpress color on bottom layer based on edges of top layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Pigford
Surpress color on bottom layer based on edges of top layer?
on Jun 18, 2012 at 8:42:35 pm

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

In the main photo you can see around the edges there is some green bleeding through.

What we had were keying cards with tracking marks on them and I ultimately just pulled corner pin data from the tracks and laid footage on top of those.

But when I turn on motion blur for the top footage, the green from the key card shows through.

So, is there a way to surpress that green color based just on the overlaying footage since the boundaries of the footage are already set (vs. creating and tracking separate mattes)?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Surpress color on bottom layer based on edges of top layer?
on Jun 18, 2012 at 9:57:00 pm

Remove the MB in this comp. Nest this comp and apply CC Force MB.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: Surpress color on bottom layer based on edges of top layer?
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:57:03 am

A few other tricks I use to avoid adding motion blur to the entire shot:

• Make the corner pin a little bigger than the area you want to cover.
  • Corner pin a solid color underneath that matches the frame's color WITHOUT motion blur--feather the edge to blend in with outer edge. Animate opacity and mask as needed.
  • Use a slightly bigger corner pin solid color underneath that matches the frame's color WITH motion blur--feather the edge to blend in with outer edge. Animate opacity and mask as needed.
  • Isolate and color correct the green fringe using hue/saturation to be closer to the frame's color or the image color.
  • Photoshop a whole new picture frame, then corner pin the new frame along with the new photo. Roto out the fingers. Extract shadows/reflections as needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]