ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

major vfx shot might need a cgi car and fake window blow out!! need to figure this shot out for the weekend!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Brine
major vfx shot might need a cgi car and fake window blow out!! need to figure this shot out for the weekend!
on Jun 17, 2012 at 5:07:37 am

HI all, so im shooting a short film this weekend, its a pretty big project with lots of GS shots, set extensions, matte paintings, wounds etc.

but by far the most major vfx i have do do is a girl who falls off a condo onto a car.

now i have the falling figured out.

what i dont have i the landing,

its going to be fast, low detail, just a blur hitting a car to the left of the talent walking on a sidewalk. easy shot to picture.

we were going to buy a car to ruin for the event, but thats not looking too good, so i need to do it in post.

if i break it down it looks like this,

1. Clean Live action plate of girl walking past the car.
2. Live action plate with GS for set extension.
3. body falling element. shot separately against a green screen

this i am ok with so far. here is where im onto unfamilar ground

4. CGI car. or section of the car, that i can 'dent' as the body hits it.
5. Windows that 'blow out' as the body hits the car. (this could be 3d, or sugar glass shot as a separate element,

Im a relatively new compositor, so most of my ideas are just theory, this project will definatly ground some ideas firmly for me. but for now im hoping to get some feedback on ideas. ways, parts, questions, etc on how to achieve this type of shot.

please help a brother out. im shooting this weekend and i really need a solid idea of this shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]