ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Update footage on a project, for the latest version of this footage (incremental saves)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Moreno
Update footage on a project, for the latest version of this footage (incremental saves)
on Jun 17, 2012 at 12:25:28 am

hi guys!

I'm working on an animation project of about 70 scenes, that are constantly updated, I'm looking for a way to improve my file management workflow. I'll try to explain myself a little bit better.

I have every scene of the project in a separate AE project, which also I have connected to premiere through Dynamic link. Which always updates to my latest incremental save in after effects ( which is very cool!), the thing is I've been looking days for a way to do the same thing with the .avi's I import to ae, to constantly updated them for a higher version of the file.

For example if I have a scene called "scene_01_v00" It would build up to a version named "scene_01_v08" and on and on. I would like ae to look for this latest version and replace the old one. Essentially I want to achieve what dynamic link does in premiere with the AE projects..

Is there a script or an expression I could write, to look for a newer version of the file as Dynamic link does?
or if you guys recommend a different workflow to keep my scenes updated, I'm open to suggestions

Thanks guys hope I made myself clear as it's almost 3:30 am here
:D

Return to posts index

Robert Moreno
Re: Update footage on a project, for the latest version of this footage (incremental saves)
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:54:18 pm

no one there?? :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]