ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS6 Render Error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Stone
After Effects CS6 Render Error
on Jun 15, 2012 at 4:22:50 pm

When I try to render out a clip as a quicktime format with the h.264 codec it instantly fails saying:

"after effects error: rendering error while writing file to "blah blah blah" An output module failed. the file may be damaged or corrupted. (-1610153464)"

I heard about quicktime being the problem and that you should try an earlier version of quicktime however i have tried, 7.6.6, 7.04 and version 6.(can't remember the rest of the numbers but after effects didn't even recognize it, saying i need to install quicktime). Could someone please inform me of a version of quicktime which allows me to render compositions out in quicktime format with h.264 codec(solving my problem) or just any other solutions to the problem.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: After Effects CS6 Render Error
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:41:37 pm

I just finished rendering a H264 out of CS6 and I have QT 7.6.9.
What are your system specs- os and all?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Josh Stone
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:52:17 pm

i'm running windows 7 with 8gb ram. i should make it clear i'm trying to render my composition with the quicktime format (.mov)and i have tried many of the codecs (h.264 etc) and they all don't work so i believe the problem lies with quicktime rather than the codec/h.264 part.

Return to posts index

Mike Skoptsov
on Jun 16, 2012 at 6:43:34 am

I ran into the same problem and solved it by making more available space on my drives. One of the drives was almost full, and by leaving at least 100GB of space I was able to render out stuff without a problem. Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Garret Walter
on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:04:40 pm

I had the same problem and it was a codec issue. I took all my codecs out of my quicktime library folder and then manually put them back until I found the bad one. Takes some time but it solved the problem.

Return to posts index

Mohannad Shaheen
on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:34:52 am

hi, can you please in detail descibe how you manages to get this bad library out ?

am facing this issue and i can't render any video !

Return to posts index

Garret Walter
on Aug 14, 2012 at 2:34:29 pm

If you try and open quicktime 7 does it crash? If it does I just removed all my codecs from the library and then manually put them back in while reopening quicktime until I found the codec that was crashing it. Then I just deleted it.

Return to posts index

Andrew Ruggiero
on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:37:48 am

Hi just in case you still didn't find a solution after all these months I found a solution that worked for me. On Windows 7 64bit I've been having this same problem with AE CS6 only with the QuickTime format and H.264 Codec selected. Since i got it mid September it took me over a month to find a solution. After reading numerous forums I discovered that the problem was with quicktime 90% of the times errors appear. I read somewhere that the last previous "stable" version of quicktime was 7.5.5 so on apple's site where you download quicktime there should be a link to download older versions where you should be able to find 7.5.5. I installed that version and it cleared it out. Renders fine now on Quicktime H.264 AE CS6.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64Bit
EVGA SR-2 MOBO
Dual Xeon E5645 CPU. 12Cores/24HT
12Sticks 48GB 1600MHZ RAM
Crucial 512GB SSD
Quadro 4000 GPU
Liquid Cooled Temps 30-50C

Return to posts index

Josh Stone
on Nov 1, 2012 at 5:13:43 pm

Thanks for the advice but it still won't render! I've tried re-installing AE, several different versions of QuickTime, everything! I tried it with premiere but that also fails. I think I'll have to render out in lossless avi file and then put the clips into Sony Vegas render out there.

Return to posts index

Andrew Ruggiero
on Nov 1, 2012 at 5:38:05 pm

Wow actually I just got the problem again last night actually. It worked for about 10 renders and then the same problem occurred again. This is a very very frustrating problem! Just a few questions, are you using multiprocessing in AE? And do you get the same error rendering QT h.264 with Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder? I'm getting same errors with them. Well we'll keep on looking for a fix.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64Bit
EVGA SR-2 MOBO
Dual Xeon E5645 CPU. 12Cores/24HT
12Sticks 48GB 1600MHZ RAM
Crucial 512GB SSD
Quadro 4000 GPU
Liquid Cooled Temps 30-50C

Return to posts index

Josh Stone
on Nov 1, 2012 at 6:17:53 pm

I haven't tried media encoder yet but I get the problem with premiere as well as AE. No I'm not using multiprocessing.

Return to posts index

Josh Stone
on Nov 4, 2012 at 4:44:22 pm

Finally! I've just managed to render out a composition in After Effects in the Quicktime format!

Here's how I fixed it:

1. Find the AE application at: C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS6Support Files
2. Next, right click the application called "AfterFX.exe"
3. Go to the compatibility tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select your operating system (vista for me).
4. After that, still on the compatibility tab, under the heading "Privilege level" check the box for "Run this program as a administrator.

By the way this is on windows vista so I'm not sure whether it'll work on other OS systems but worth a try. Also I'm not sure that step 3 is actually necessary but I don't want to try it without incase I screw it all up again. Hope this works for you.

Josh

Return to posts index

Paul Griffiths
on Nov 14, 2012 at 3:38:58 pm

This worked for me too on Windows 7 Enterprise, except I didn't need to use the last 'run as admin' step, many thanks!

Paul

Paul Griffiths

Return to posts index

Julieta Ramos
on Jan 24, 2013 at 1:00:26 am

I am experiencing the same issue and unfortunately, your solution above did not help :(

Are there any other suggestions?

Another thing I noticed is that when I run Dxdiag, DirectX does not seem to recognize my video card. However, the card shows up in System Info.

Return to posts index

Tarun Bhalla
on Jun 15, 2013 at 9:55:03 am

Thank you it worked on Windows. I chose Windows 7 option since there was no Windows 8 option in the compatibility screen.

Return to posts index

Martin Hickford
on Feb 13, 2013 at 1:19:46 pm

Hi there,

Not sure if this will help you at all, but I thought I'd share my experience with resolving this situation.

I'm running CS6 on a dual core Xeon Mac Pro, 12 GB Ram

In the after effects menu there's the option for clearing the cache (which i had set to max size of 93 GB). I used this option and got confirmation telling me this was completed and so I assumed that my cache was empty when I was getting this problem.

However, when I ran omni disk sweeper to find where all my hard drive space had gone, I stumbled upon the cache file locations, which was still full of 93 GB of cache files. (User > Library > Preferences > Adobe > After Effects > 11.0)

Clear this folder manually, restart your computer performing a PRAM reset (hold ctrl+cmd+p+r during boot up until you hear the chime for the second time) and you should find that you'll be able to render quicktimes without turning off multi processing or clearing the cache in the secret menu.

I can only assume that clearing via the after effects menu didn't work because of a permissions issue on my computer - I had recently run a 'repair permissions' from disk utility, which I suspect might have interfered with After Effects.

Martin Hickford | Freelance Video Editor & Multimedia Designer for TV, Film, Commercial & Promo. Technically an adult.

http://www.shootfirsteditlater.com

Return to posts index

James Osbun
on May 25, 2013 at 8:25:24 am

Hello all.

I am running AE CS6 on a Hackintosh and started getting this problem for no apparent reason. I had even just rendered a few minutes prior to the error.

My edit array has over 2TB free space out of 12 total, but space was the problem.

Just as Martin above me says, clearing the cache is necessary. I cleared out 120GB of cache, and now it renders like a charm.

Hope this helps you.
James

Producer, Vice President (Monarex)
Film with Sony F3, Canon XF300 & 5D MKii (Zeiss glass, by Duclos)
Finish with 3 Hackintosh Edit Bays (by Cy)

Return to posts index

Pete Wallace
on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:05:02 pm

After lots of messing around - I found that H264 started working for .mov - only if I used msconfig to limit my cores / processors to 4 or less.

My machine has 40 logical processors available.

Windows 8 - 64bit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]