ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to create and animate shapes WITHOUT anti-aliasing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chandronaitIs it possible to create and animate shapes WITHOUT anti-aliasing?
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 12:09:50 am

Just trying to save myself some time while animating some pixel art. Anyway I can create shape layers and somehow "turn off" the anti-aliasing?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Is it possible to create and animate shapes WITHOUT anti-aliasing?
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 2:43:21 am

Toggle the quality switch to "Draft" Its the diagonal line in the Switches column.

Link

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

matt chandronaitRe: Is it possible to create and animate shapes WITHOUT anti-aliasing?
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 4:05:42 pm

Tried that :). It works in the timeline, but in the final render everything is still nice n' crispy as I think the quality switch is just to speed up things in the timeline. I need, of course, a way to render things out without anti-aliasing as well. But thank you for the response!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Is it possible to create and animate shapes WITHOUT anti-aliasing?
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 6:23:39 pm

Are you rendering to Best quality, cause you would need to render the graphic at "Current"

Another way to do it would be to just add a mosaic effect to your graphic and set the blocks to 1/2 to 1/4 of your current resolution.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

matt chandronaitRe: Is it possible to create and animate shapes WITHOUT anti-aliasing?
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 9:42:34 pm

Ah! Fantastic tips! Thank you so much man :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]